Friday, September 08, 2006

BPOH: Boudoirs!




This weeks Bloggy Parade of Homes, hosted by Shannon, is
BEDROOMS!
Ok, so my house is only 1,300 sq ft in total, so the rooms are microscopic. Our one requirement was that there be just one bedroom that was large enough to accomodate our king bed. We got that, but the price we had to pay wasn't much - one huge rbedoom, two other bedrooms that could double as closets. Sounds fair, right? lol.... NOT!

Ok, so let's start with Gracie's room. The only pics you will see are the before pics, because, well, it's not even a functioning room right now. Like I said, we have 3 bedrooms: Hubby's room, my room, and our room. The smallest room has been designated as Gracie's room because we use the other bedroom for a guest room and, that's also where my closet is.

Right now it's the "litter box/computer/junk room"... Here's the pics...


I told you it wasn't much...lol! But they'll make great before pics once the nursery is done!

On to the next room. This is "My Room". We use it as a guest room, and my clothes are in the closet in that room because when I worked in Manhattan I had to get up at 4:30am! So by having my clothes in the other room, I wouldn't wake up Hubby when I got ready for work. I don't work in NYC anymore, but I haven't bothered to move my stuff into our room yet. It works for now, so no biggie!

Here's the before - it's the only before pic I have and it was taken the first day we saw the house. Whe we ripped up the rug, this was the room that had caked on cat urine on the baseboard heaters from the previous owners. I cleaned them and spraypainted them, and now they're beautiful:



And the after (of course, with cats in at least one picture):














I wanted to show you a close up of my guitars because they are just soooo beautiful! The light one is an Ibanez and the blue is a Vantage. I have a really pretty chestnut brown Washburn, but it's out in the garage and badly in need of new strings. The black mini coffin-looking thing leaning in the corner under the blonde guitar is actually an antique violin case (I play violin too!). One day I'll refinish it... gotta get on that before Gracie comes home! The wood grain on these babies is just gorgeous...






Now on to the last and largest bedroom - the master. Here's the only before pic:




And... the after. Oh, and by the way, if you like the headboard, I can tell you how to make it (yep, I made that one myself!)












And those my peeps, are my bedroom pics for the Bloggy Parade of Homes!